Thank you for accessing the web site ("Site") of Thomas Laboratories. We respect your privacy and want to protect your personal information. To learn more, please read this Privacy & Security Policy.
This Privacy & Security Policy explains how we collect, use and (under certain conditions) disclose your personal information. This Privacy & Security Policy also explains the steps we have taken to secure your personal information. Finally, this Privacy & Security Policy explains your options regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. By visiting our Site, you accept the practices described in this Policy.
This Privacy & Security Policy applies only to this Site. This Privacy & Security Policy does not necessarily apply to our offline collection of your personal information. Please see below for details.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any non-Thomas Laboratories web site to which this Site links or that links to this Site.
Information Collection and Use
We collect information from you in several different ways on this Site. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- Help make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- Help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- Help us create content on this Site that is most relevant to you.
- Alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address (es), phone number, email address, and credit card number. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and our site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we use the personal information to contact you.
Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to register for a free product giveaway; to request an electronic version of our catalog or to sign up for special offers. Your participation in a contest is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest winners and to award prizes. We may post on our Site the names and cities of contest winners. We will not share or sell your e-mail. This information will only be used for tracking purposes and to give you further information about Pet Nutrition Products.
Cookies and Other Technology. Like many sites, this Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or "action tags") to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to help us tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
Log Files. As is true of most web sites, the Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site. We may also log your Internet protocol ("IP") address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
Product Testimonials. You may choose to submit a customer testimonial. If you post a testimonial, we will ask for your name. If you submit a review, your first name and the initial of your last name will be visible to other users. Also, any personally identifiable information that you submit as part of the review can be read or used by other visitors to the Site. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit as part of your testimonial. We believe you can post a helpful testimonial without disclosing any personal information.
Internal Use. We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve our Site's content and layout, to improve our outreach and marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
Communications with You. We will use your personal information to communicate with you about our site and your orders and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.) Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to register for a free product giveaway; to request an electronic version of our catalog or to sign up for special offers. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt out section, below, for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
External Use. We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection - we primarily sell merchandise, not information. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone, except that:
- As do most catalog and Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, and Federal Express) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security.)
- We will not sell (or trade or rent) personally identifiable information to other companies as part of our regular course of business. However, it's possible that we might acquire or merge with or be acquired by another company or that we might dispose of some or all of our assets. If that happens, your personal information may be disclosed to another company, but that disclosure will be subject to the Privacy & Security Policy in effect.
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
- We publicly disclose the name, city, and state of the winner of our product giveaways.
This Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") for all financial transactions through this Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit our Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by contacting our Customer Support department by phone, email, fax or mail. Please do not email your credit-card number.
Offline Collection, Use & Disclosure of Information
As you might expect from Thomas Laboratories, the majority of information that we collect is obtained through our Site, and this Privacy & Security Policy applies only to that online collection of personal information. We also collect information offline, where we also try to protect the privacy of your personal information. One example involves someone calling us to place an order or to ask questions. When someone calls, we will ask only for the personal information we need in order to place the order or to answer the question. When we need to store information (such as order information) we will enter it into our database through SSL encryption. (See the Data Security section above for more information). Another example involves faxes. If you fax something to us, we will act upon the fax and then either store it a locked repository or we will shred the fax if there is no need to retain the information. There are other ways we could learn of personal information offline (for example, we suppose someone could send us a letter including some return address information), and this Policy doesn't discuss or try to predict all of those methods or uses. As we mentioned, we primarily sell merchandise, not information, and we will try to treat offline collection, uses, and disclosures consistently with our relevant online practices.
Updates to This Policy
If we change or update this Privacy & Security Policy, we will post changes and updates on this Site so that you will always be aware of what information we collect, use and disclose. We encourage you to review this Privacy & Security Policy from time to time so you will know if the Privacy & Security Policy has been changed or updated. If you have any questions about the Privacy & Security Policy, please contact us toll free at 800-359-8387 or email@example.com.